TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP, DROP A CHECK FOR $25 AT THE LEGION OR DIGITAL:
PAY NOW ONLINE IN ADVANCE:
USE ZELLE AND/OR CHASE QUICKPAY: CDR@POST42SAL.ORG
Click here to start a NEW SAL Application
Sons of The American Legion members include males of all ages whose parents or grandparents served in the U.S. military and were eligible for American Legion membership.
Membership eligibility has changed. Previously, you had to be in the military during periods of conflict….that is no longer applicable. Per The Legion Act ( NEC Resolution Number 1 and NEC Resolution Number 2, dated Oct. 17, 2018) signed by President Trump this past summer, eligibility is now based on two eligibility criteria.
1. Anyone who served from April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1919.
2. Anyone who served from Dec. 7, 1941 and continuing. Must have an honorable discharge.
For the SAL The Legion Act also changes their eligibility dates.
Eligible dates for membership are as follows:
- April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
- Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
With any new application, we will need a copy of your Grandparents/Parents DD 214 or documentation of their service for our records.