Membership eligibility has changed. Previously, you had to be in the military during periods of conflict….that is no longer applicable. Per The Legion Act ( NEC Resolution Number 1 and NEC Resolution Number 2, dated Oct. 17, 2018) signed by President Trump this past summer, eligibility is now based on two eligibility criteria.
1. Anyone who served from April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1919.
2. Anyone who served from Dec. 7, 1941 and continuing. Must have an honorable discharge.
For the SAL The Legion Act also changes their eligibility dates.
Note: Merchant Marine eligibility is from Dec 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII)
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
- Be part of a premier veterans organization.
- Participate in support activities for veterans and your local community.
- Enjoy fellowship with veterans and their families.
- Access to Legion Hall and a nicely stocked bar.
- Discount on Hall rental.
- Eligible for discounts on other goods and services through the Legion
HOW DO I JOIN POST 42?
Joining Post 42 is simple. With multiple membership levels to fit everyone’s needs we are here to serve our military and our community. Just choose the type of membership you want from the menu above.
For our refund policy please click here.