If you are currently on active duty, serving the United States honorably, anywhere in the world, or have served honorably during any of the following eligible war eras, we invite you to renew your membership or become a member of The American Legion. Just click on the the new member or renewal link for your appropriate service dates.
In addition, the Post maintains a file of member information to assist with veterans benefits, This information is only used for Post business and will not be shared otherwise.
Please note: To all current and potential Post 42 Members. For those of you who are annual memberships, please be advised that annul dues will be increased to $40 as of Jan 20, 2016. This is due to an increase in the amount of money we have to pay to National for which we have no control over. In order to help mitigate this, State is instituting a 5-year plan where you can pre-purchase the next 5 years at the current rate of $35 for a total of $175. We hope that all of you will consider this and take advantage of this program.
Please update your information by following the link below. If possible send a scanned copy of your discharge, separation record, or your DD214 or active military ID. If you do not have a scanned copy, please send a photo copy to:
AMERICAN LEGION Post 42
1030 Central Street
Evanston, Illinois 60201
April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
- Renew Membership or Apply for New membership – World War I Veterans
Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- Renew Membership or Apply for New Membership – World War II Veterans
June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Renew Membership or Apply for New Membership – Korean War Veterans
Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- Renew Membership or Apply for New Membership – Vietnam War Veterans
Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Renew Membership or Apply for New Membership – Lebanon/Granada Veterans
Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Renew Membership or Apply for New Membership – Panama Veterans
Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
- Renew Membership or Apply for New Membership – Gulf War/War on Terrorism Veterans
Gulf War / War On Terrorism Current Active Duty
- Renew Membership or Apply for New Membership – Current Active Duty Gulf War/War on Terrorism
Update the information you have on file with Post 42 by clicking here.